1. The pre-baptismal talk in our Cathedral is given on Fridays at 7:30 pm.
2. Christian responsibility of Godparents:
Pray for your godchild regularly
Give an example of Christian life
Help increase faith in God the Father, God the Son and Holy Spirit in the one who was baptized.
Help your godchild seek confirmation and first communion.
Help with advice and testimony
3. Older than 6 years old have to prepare
1. Copy of the birth certificate of the person who will receive the sacrament, from the Civil Registry.
2. Copy of the ecclesiastical marriage of the godparents, if they are married. If they are single, they must be at least 18 years old, present a Confirmation ballot and not live in a free union (Canon 874).
3. Original proof of the pre-baptismal course for parents and godparents.
Costs and Payment
Donativo bautismo privado $800.00
Donativo el Domingo $250.00
Of the ceremony for one
For the day of the celebration the child's clothing must be white.
Bring a white candle.
of the general order
The celebration must start on time.
The church is always open to its parishioners, therefore it cannot be closed for private ceremonies.
It is not allowed to throw objects (petals, grains of rice, balloons, bubbles, etc.) both inside and outside the church.
In order for the celebration to take place with the greatest decorum and dignity of the liturgy, appropriate attire must be worn. Remember that we are in a sacred place.
Photos and Video
The photographer or photographers can only go up to the sacramental step. It is forbidden to go up to the sanctuary (altar area).
It is not allowed to connect to the electrical installation of the enclosure.
Given the dignity of the place, photographers must appear at the ceremony in a suit. Women must have their shoulders covered and if they wear a skirt, the length must be below the knee.
Below you can consult the requirements for both documentation and preparation to be able to perform this sacrament. It is important that you know the guidelines of the calendar and schedules as well as the requirements of the godparents since everything is important to meet the requirements of this important sacrament.
Baptisms are communal on Saturdays at 12 p.m. (except the third Saturday of the month) and will be celebrated by a priest of this Parish